July 12th 2017, 17:00 - 20:00
- Welcome reception cocktail
- Opening ceremony
July 13th 2017, afternoon - July 14th 2017, morning
- Field visits (Cemetery and National Pantheon): For more information click on or download the following PDF file.
- Optional Tours: For more information click on or download the following PDF file.
July 14th 2017, 17:00 - 22:30
- Monumental Lisbon Tour and Conference Dinner
- The Closing Dinner is an excellent opportunity for you to discover the city and taste delicious Portuguese food in the company of your colleagues.
We depart from the Faculty to the historical quarter of Belém where you will see some of the most remarkable monuments from the 15th and 16th centuries. Next a brief stop at the Belém Tower - a UNESCO World Heritage site (Torre de Belém) and at the Monument to the Discoveries (Monumento das Descobertas), that honours the Portuguese responsible for the Discoveries. Then another brief stop at Jerónimos Monastery (Mosteiro dos Jerónimos). Also classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage site, this monument is a masterpiece of the “Manueline” style. We then continue along to the restaurant for dinner.
During our journey we will also pass by several of Lisbon´s ´must sees´: the Marquis of Pombal Square, Av da Liberdade, Rossio – the downtown area and the newly renovated Praça do Comércio. Finally we will return to our venue (the bus will stop at Restauradores Square to drop off guests staying at hotels downtown).
The Adega do Kais Restaurant is housed in a late XIX´th century warehouse by the riverside. It serves typical Portuguese dishes, a kind of “Rodizio” where you can taste several varieties of our gastronomy. It has an informal atmosphere.
Tour with English speaking guide.